Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

8/09/2011

No Flowers??? How Could You!!!


Okay, yes I am laughing here!  But this week's challenge over at Our Creative Corner is to make a card using no (zip, zilch, zero) flowers!  And you know how I love flowers, but I also really like this card that I made with no flowers . . . 



Supply List:
  • Base (kraft) card stock - The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
  • Patterned papers - 7 Gypsies
  • Image - Bumble Buttons blog
  • Sentiment - SRM Stickers
  • Vintage lace and velvet ribbon - my stash
  • Stickles 'platinum' - Ranger Inks

Tools Used:
  • Cricut Expression with Walk In My Garden (WIMG) and Elegant Edges (EE) cartridges
  • Computer and ink jet printer
  • Scissors, ruler, craft knife, rotary cutter

Cricut Cuts:
  • Card base - WIMG cartridge, card2 set at 5"
  • Text paper - WIMG cartridge, card1 set at 5"
  • Music label - EE cartridge, Swirl1-s set at 4 1/2"

This was the first paper by 7 Gypsies that I have ever used, and I really like the aged feel and deep colors.  They really let the image be the star of the card. 

Thanks so much for visiting, come right back, because I have a very cute card coming up soon!  Blessings, Becky


4 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my ... this is gorgeous Becky, your image is adorable and you have coloured her soo beautifully! I love the patterned papers you have used and the the lace goes oh so perfectly with the papers and the image. Well done!
Thank you for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors you chose, and I think this card would be perfect to give to a little girl after a dance recital! so cute. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!

Marjie Kemper said...

Super card! I agree - the no flowers part was tough. Love your papers and that bit of pink really POPS. Thanks for joining in at Our Creative Corner this week!

Holly Barrett said...

It doesn't look like this was a struggle at all! I love the theme of your card and that you've incorporated music with your drawing. Love it! Thanks for joining us on Our Creative Corner this week!