Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

8/12/2011

Paper Crafts Magazine August Gallery Challenge and Little Red Wagon #93

This card, is one of my favorites - ever!  I love the lace and ribbons, the papers, the sentiment, the bird, just everything!  I started making it for Little Red Wagon's challenge to put a bird on a project, but then I thought how well this would work for the new Paper Crafts magazine August Gallery Challenge to make a 'girlfriend' card, so I guess that made it a 'two-fer'!    Here is my project based on both challenges . . .




Supply List:

  • Base card stock and card stock for label - DCWV
  • Patterned papers - Authentique Paper
  • Sentiment - SRM Stickers
  • Vintage lace, green ribbon and vintage buttons - my stash (mostly yard/estate sales)
  • Pink seam binding - Bluebird Lane Etsy shop
  • Pink ribbon with loopy edge - Anna Griffin
  • Felt bird - made from felt in my stash
  • White pearls - Prima
  • Tiny pink pearl (bird's eye) - Basic Grey
  • Brown ink - Stampabilities

Tools Used:
  • Cricut Expression with Walk In My Garden (WIMG) and Elegant Edges (EE) cartridges
  • Cuttlebug
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Labels 4'
  • Scissors, ruler, craft knife, rotary cutter

Cricut Cuts:
  • Card base - WIMG cartridge, card2 set at 5"
  • Plaid patterned paper - WIMG cartridge, card1 set at 5"
  • Pink frame - EE cartridge, Hrts2-s set at 4 1/2" using Frame feature

Isn't it beautiful?  I was really pleased with the outcome on this one, and I have to tell you, this is the first time I've used any products by Authentique Paper, and LOVE it!  Very heavy weight paper with rich colors and pretty designs.

Thanks so much for coming by!  Blessings, Becky



1 comment:

Avril Tanner said...

So Sweet! Thanks for playing along with LRW!