When I saw this week's challenge over at Papercraft Star, I knew exactly what I wanted to do! I had been holding onto this image of a baby book that I got from Bumble Buttons for a while, and now was the time to put it to use! The theme for this week's challenge is to use a book as your inspiration, and here is my card based on the challenge . . .
- Base card stock - DCWV
- Patterned paper - Lily Bee Design
- Image - Bumble Buttons
- Sentiment - SRM Stickers
- Vintage lace, ric-rack and buttons - my stash
- Cricut Expression and Walk In My Garden (WIMG) cartridge
- Computer and ink jet printer
- EK Success 'Arch Scallop Bordered Punch
- Scissors, craft knife, ruler, rotary cutter
- WIMG cartridge, card2 set at 5"
- WIMG cartridge, card1 set at 5"
- To make the ruffled paper, cut strip to width you want and length 1 1/2 to 2 times length you need
- Wet paper slightly by dipping briefly into warm water
- Loosely pleat with your fingers
- Dry in microsave for 30 seconds to 1 minute depending on thickness of paper
- Re-pleat, gluing at the folds
Isn't this the cutest baby card! I already someone in mind who will get this one, too. Thanks so much for visiting, and please come back soon! Blessings, Becky