Hi Folks! I'm back with one project for two challenges - again! Here are the challenges:
- Really Reasonable Ribbon - Challenge 35 - Make a Christmas project using ribbon or trim somewhere on the project, and
- Papercraft Star - Challenge 69 - Make a project with a flourish on it! The optional inspiration picture is ...
I really didn't realize, until after I'd taken the pictures of my project, just how much the feel of the papers I used matched the picture above. What do you think ...
Maybe you can see it better by looking at the back side of the gift bag ...
I love those papers - they look so rich and elegant, and turn that plain little paper bag into some thing beautiful and special! Here are the details ...
- Base gift bag - Hobby Lobby
- Patterned papers - My Mind's Eye 'Lost and Found Christmas'
- Elements - Gems, Noel tag, brad, green ribbon, die cut 'Be Merry' - all part of the My Mind's Eye 'Lost and Found Christmas' line
- Kraft cardstock for mini tag - The Paper Studio
- Brown ink - Stampabilities
- Felt on bottom of bag - Hobby Lobby
- Red ribbon - my stash
|This is the front and back of the original box - very plain kraft gift bag - 3 for $1.00 at Hobby Lobby|
|Adding felt to the bottom of the bag makes it a bit heavier on bottom as well as adding a finished, more expensive look.|
|Adding a matching gift tag always makes a lovely embellishment!|
- Cricut Expression and Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge
- Martha Stewart paper trimmer
- Scissors, craft knife, ruler
- Cut the paper 1/8 inch smaller on all sides and ink the edges with brown ink to add an aged feel
- Wrap the twisted paper handles with a coordinating ribbon to add a special touch
- Cut your paper to use it to it's best advantage. See how I cut this paper to show the big red glittery flourish.
Wouldn't this be the perfect gift wrapping for a special gift such as a piece of jewelry? I sure think so! And I took a 34 cent bag and turned it into something very pretty and very elegant, using all things from my stash.
Thanks so much for visiting today! Come back soon! Blessings, Becky