Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

11/03/2011

Really Reasonable Ribbon and Papercrafts Star Challenges


Hi Folks!  I'm back with one project for two challenges - again!  Here are the challenges:
  • Really Reasonable Ribbon - Challenge 35 - Make a Christmas project using ribbon or trim somewhere on the project, and
  • Papercraft Star - Challenge 69 - Make a project with a flourish on it!  The optional inspiration picture is ...

I really didn't realize, until after I'd taken the pictures of my project, just how much the feel of the papers I used matched the picture above.  What do you think ...





Maybe you can see it better by looking at the back side of the gift bag ...




I love those papers - they look so rich and elegant, and turn that plain little paper bag into some thing beautiful and special!  Here are the details ...

Supplies:

  • Base gift bag - Hobby Lobby 
  • Patterned papers - My Mind's Eye 'Lost and Found Christmas'
  • Elements - Gems, Noel tag, brad, green ribbon, die cut 'Be Merry' - all part of the My Mind's Eye 'Lost and Found Christmas' line
  • Kraft cardstock for mini tag - The Paper Studio
  • Brown ink - Stampabilities
  • Felt on bottom of bag - Hobby Lobby
  • Red ribbon - my stash

This is the front and back of the original box - very plain kraft gift bag - 3 for $1.00 at Hobby Lobby



Adding felt to the bottom of the bag makes it a bit heavier on bottom as well as adding a finished, more expensive look.


Adding a matching gift tag always makes a lovely embellishment!

 Tools:
  • Cricut Expression and Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge
  • Martha Stewart paper trimmer
  • Scissors, craft knife, ruler

Tips:
  • Cut the paper 1/8 inch smaller on all sides and ink the edges with brown ink to add an aged feel
  • Wrap the twisted paper handles with a coordinating ribbon to add a special touch
  • Cut your paper to use it to it's best advantage.  See how I cut this paper to show the big red glittery flourish.  

Wouldn't this be the perfect gift wrapping for a special gift such as a piece of jewelry?   I sure think so!  And I took a 34 cent bag and turned it into something very pretty and very elegant, using all things from my stash.

Thanks so much for visiting today!  Come back soon!  Blessings, Becky


5 comments:

♥Jan♥ said...

What a gorgeous bag !! This looks very expensive. I would have loved to have seen a "before" photo. Great idea with the felt on the bottom. Always glad to have you with us, Becky, at Papercraft Star !

FerrellGraph-x said...

Yep, I agree with you Becky! I think that paper is beautiful and it does remind me of the inspirational picture. I always love to see all your fabulous creations linked up with us at Papercraft Star!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Judy Rozema said...

A gorgeous creation! I love what you have done with the bag! The paper is wonderful for your inspiration photo! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Tracy said...

Your bag is really lovely Becky! I love those papers. Your project really does match well with the photo inspiration. Thanks for sharing another one of your beautiful projects with us this week at Papercraft Star!

mommyof5kidz said...

This is absolutely Gorgeous!! LOVE this! It DOES match that photo perfectly! THank you for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!