Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

1/23/2012

Wishing You Peace - My Second Assignment for The Hens' Den

I've been having such fun as a part of the Design Team over at The Hens' Den!   All the ladies on the team are so talented, and our leaders Charlie and Cheri are very encouraging and so funny!  They have encouraged us to share our favorites from the sneak peeks of new products coming out this weekend at CHA-W, and we've had lots of discussions about what we like and don't like.  It is wonderful to be a part of such a creative group of people!
Now I am here to share with you my second project as a member of the team.  It is a card made from some lovely My Minds Eye papers and a couple of things from my stash.  Check out my card ...


And here are all of the details ...
Supplies:
·       Patterned papers – My Mind’s Eye – 


Other supplies:  Sentiment sticker, Covered Button, Brown ink 

Tools:
·       Cricut Expression and ‘Walk In My Garden’ cartridge, Martha Stewart/EK Success scoring board & paper trimmer, ‘Arch Scallop’ border punch, scissors, ruler, craft knife

Steps:
·       Cut card base using Cricut Expression and Walk In My Garden cartridge, set at 5”.  Score at center (using register marks) and fold in half.  Press fold.
·       Cut patterned paper base using Cricut Expression and Walk In My Garden cartridge, set at 5”.  Adhere to card base.
·       Ink edges with brown ink.
·       Cut “Love Letters” paper to 5” X 3”.  Apply decorative border using border punch on two long edges.
·       Ink edges with brown ink.  Adhere to front of card.
·       Using scissors, trim (aka ‘fussy cut’) one lace design from the patterned paper.
·       Ink edges with brown ink.  Adhere to front of card.
·       For the button, I used a 1 ½” coverable button, covered with ecru fabric and vintage ecru lace.  These can be found in any fabric shop.  Different brands work differently, so refer to the instructions that come with your buttons.
·       Adhere button to center of lace ‘cut’. 
·       Adhere sticker sentiment to scrap of ivory card stock.  Trim around sticker.  Ink edges with brown ink.  Adhere to card.




And that is all there is to it!  Wouldn't you love to make a card just like this?  Well, you can find the things  you need (and more) at The Hens' Den online shop.


Thanks for visiting today!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is super pretty. I love how you layered your papers.
:)

Val said...

Wow. Love this!!!

Inka said...

Your card is beautiful, so many designs and combined it so nicely. I like the red last :)

Lorrie said...

This is such a pretty card. What's nicer than pink and lacy at Valentine's Day?