Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

1/08/2012

You're So Sweet - CPS # 250 - Crate Paper

Hello!  I hope you are having a great weekend.  Here in northern Georgia it's rainy and wet and foggy ... perfect weather for crafting!  Today I wanted to share a card with you that I made for Card Positioning Systems (CPS) sketch # 250!   I used some of the 'Farmhouse Collection' from Crate Paper, and right now I think that's my favorite line ... but then I say that about all of them!  :O)  Here's a picture of the sketch for this week ...




And here is a picture of my card based on the sketch ...



And I'm trying to do a better job of decorating the insides of my cards, so her is how I did the inside of this card ...




And here is all the info ...

Crate Paper Supplies - all from Farmhouse Collection:
  • Base paper - 'Cross Stitch'
  • Green leaves paper - 'Cupboard'
  • Orange floral paper - 'Countryside'
  • Patterned paper inside - 'Homemade'
  • Honey Sentiment - Sticker sheet
  • Die cuts inside - Diecut Sheet

Other Supplies:
  • Base card stock - The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
  • Brown ink - Stampabilities (Hobby Lobby)
  • Thread - Coats
  • Sentiments - SRM Stickers

Tools:
  • Martha Stewart/EK Success Paper Trimmer
  • Martha Stewart/EK Success Scoring Board
  • EK Success Corner Rounding Punch - small and medium
  • Craft knife, scissors, ruler, sewing machine

I really enjoyed making the card from this week's sketch, and of course my hubby LOVED the card, but I know him ... orange and green are his favorite colors!  Thanks for visiting today, and come back soon to see what's going on at Camellia Cottage!  Blessings, Becky

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Gorgeous! Love those colors together!

Starr said...

Hi Becky, my name is Starr and I'm your neighbor! I also live in north GA and was on the DT at Bella Creations with Carla last year. Congrats on your new journey ant the Hens Nest and I look forward to seeing your art!
Hugs,
Starr