Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/24/2012

The Kraft Journal Challenge - Clean and Simple

Hello there!  When I saw that this week's challenge at The Kraft Journal was 'Clean and Simple' my heart sunk.  I mean, I am the queen of 'more is more', and find it hard to make a card with empty spaces and without lots of 'stuff' layered on the front.  But I knuckled down and came up with a concept, and I have to say I am quite pleased with the end result.  Here is my project ...


The stamps that I used are Tim Holtz' new Mini Blueprint stamps, and I love them!  There are 12 in the set, covering halloween, Christmas and fall.  My husband uses blueprints in his job all the time, so I thought I could do things for him with them.  I used Buff Ivory Cover Weight card stock from Kraft Outlet to stamp the images on, and then colored them with colored pencils and accented them with Stickles 'platinum'.  The cardstock has a woven linen texture, and I love how easily the colored pencils picked up the texture and made highlighting easy.  Here are the details ...

Supplies:





Tools:

  • Martha Stewart / EK Success Paper Trimmer
  • Epiphany Crafts 'Round 25' Punch
  • Scissors, Ruler, Craft Knife

I hope you have enjoyed this quick 'Clean and Simple' card today!  Be sure to go visit The Kraft Journal for more inspiration and to take part in this week's challenge.  Blessings,


1 comment:

Tracy said...

The repeated images add lots of interest Becky. Great card! Hugs!