Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/19/2012

The Kraft Journal ... Watch Us Wednesday Tutorial

Welcome!  Today it's my turn to do the 'Watch Us Wednesday' tutorial over on The Kraft Journal blog, and I was so excited to do it this week because the theme for this week's challenge is 'Lavishly Layered' and layering lavishly is one of my favorite ways to craft!   But I didn't really do a tutorial as such, but rather talked to you about a secret of mine to help when I get 'stuck' on a project and don't know what to add next.  But you'll have to check out the blog post on The Kraft Journal blog to find out what it is!  I know ... I'm not cheating fair, right!

Anyway, I just wanted to share another couple of my favorite layered projects that I have made in recent months, and then at the bottom I want to share something with you.







This is a mini album that I made using Crate Paper's 'Farmhouse' collection.  One great way to add layers is to make the base of your cover (or pages) have texture.  I used corrugated cardboard from a box around the house and cut it to size, then I misted one side of the cardboard, let it sit for a minute and then easily pulled one layer of paper off, leaving the corrugated ridges open.  Then once it was dry I used some white craft paint and lightly 'dry brush' painted the corrugated side.  That added a lot of texture.  Then I layered chipboard and die cut elements from the collection, and although it's not got 'tons' of layers, because of the distressed cardboard and chipboard, it looks like it is heavily layered.  Of course all the ribbons and lace tied to the binding helps with that feel, too.






Pocket cards are a great way to add a layered feel to a card.  They are easy to make and fun for the recipient!  I made this pocket card for Mama's birthday in July and she just loved it!  Inside the 'pocket' are three tags, each heavily layered and decorated and each with a different wish for her.  Of course hand made flowers, made from fabric, ribbon, felt, paper, or whatever you want, are a great way of adding layers!

Now, in my tutorial over at The Kraft Journal, I mentioned I made a 'cheat sheet' for layering by visiting my favorite blogs and listing elements from their projects.  Are you always looking for some great blogs for inspiration?  Well, please visit my blog called 'Beautifully Inspiring People' and check out some of the blogs there ... there is an inspiration overload to be found out there, and my list is a great place to start!

Thanks so much for visiting today!  Don't forget to go to The Kraft Journal and make a card for this week's challenge.  You really should have plenty of inspiration now!  Blessings,



No comments: