And here are all the things I gathered together to make the album ...
I went through my stash of older things, and things I had set aside for just such an occasion. If you look at the stack of trims, the strip of denim fabric is from an old hat that I no longer have, the white ketchup cup on the top left came from a local fast food restaurant, and I used that for the sunflower on front of the album. And the patterned paper (top right corner) is a DCWV stack that is 70% recycled contents. And that's just the beginning! Here is the mini album that I made ...
The title is simply the letter 'U' from chipboard that I inked and then heat embossed with green embossing powder. The ketchup cup is inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in 'Mustard Seed'. Here are the other pictures ... most taken on our travels over the years, and please, don't laugh! Some of them are so funny!
|Left photo is one of our first dates ... I already knew he was 'the 1'! Photo on right is one of hubby at an open air concert at Chastain Park in Atlanta.|
|Left - Hiking near Signal Mountain, TN Right - Sitting in the sun on the Chattahoochee River near Atlanta|
|Left - Autumn Leaves Special train ride from Atlanta to Chattanooga, Right - near Aspen, CO|
|Left - In front of Margaritaville in New Orleans, LA, Right - A garden somewhere in LA|
|Left - Our first trip to Pike's Peak in CO, Right - a glacier somewhere in Alaska ... hubby fell on the ice!|
And here are all of the details ...
- Cover and corrugated leaves - C-Flute Corrugated Kraft Paper
- Canvas mushroom on cover - Canvas Rectangle (separated and cut out)
- Patterned Paper - Die Cuts With a View "The Green Stack - Woodland" (8 x 8" stack)
- Felt center of flower - Hobby Lobby
- Yellow Ink - Ranger Tim Holtz 'Mustard Seed' Distress Ink Pad
- Brown Ink - Stampabilities
- Embossing Powder - Ranger 'Forest Green'
- Burlap - scraps from my stash
- Ribbons and trims - all bits and pieces from my stash
- Cardstock - various, all were just bits and pieces from my scrap drawer
- Binder rings - who knows! I've had them forever!
- Kraft letters on first picture - Pebbles, Inc.
As you can see, I used a LOT of scraps and bits and pieces and things I have had for a while. For this project I took the philosophy of 'use up the old stuff'!
- Scissors, ruler, kraft knife
- EK Success 'medium' corner rounding punch
- We R Memory Keepers "The Cinch" for punching holes in coasters and cardboard
That's it! The album would have come together really quickly, but I spent lots of time looking through old pictures! And the best part ... my husband really LOVED the album! Thanks for visiting, and come back soon! Now that we are back from our 2 week trip to the beach, I should be posting more things soon. Blessings,