Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

12/17/2012

The Kraft Journal ... Our Favorite TKJ Project of 2012!

Merry Christmas!!!  This week's theme at The Kraft Journal is 'Our Favorite Project of 2012' and, although I looked through all of my projects made since I joined the team at The Kraft, I knew which one I would 're-play' with you for today!  It is this adorable vintage styled picture frame ...





The picture is of my brother when he was three months old in 1958, but the photo can be changed out any time because it is simply clipped on with the Tim Holtz hinge clip.  Here are the details ...

Supplies:
 *  Note:  I used the X-Small tag that came with this set, but wanted you to know which one from the set that I used. 



 Tools:
  • Scissors
  • Needle Nose Pliers / Wire Cutter

A tip for adding the hinge clip to the burlap frame is to simply put the wire through the hole in the back side of the clip, then push both ends of the wire through to the back side, down below the wood that stretches the burlap.  It is very simple.  I tied the grungy tag to the front hole of the clip, and adhered it to the burlap using a 'Gluedle' adhesive from Glue Arts.  To adhere the film strip ribbon to the bottom of the burlap frame, I used Beacon's 3 in 1 Advanced Craft Glue, applying it only underneath where the photo covers it, but it is not even visible without the photo covering it.

I hope you have enjoyed this sweet project!  As I said, it is so very easy to make, and would make great gifts for teachers, Sunday School Teachers or loving grandparents!  Blessings,

No comments: