Making the large yellow gingham rosette was not hard, but in order to make one as large as that (approx. 6" across) you need to add extra length. For this one I simply cut two strips of patterned paper that were 3" x 12" each, and scored each strip every 1/2 inch for the entire length. Then I glued the ends together to make a 'circle'. To help it hold it's shape I added a scrap of heavy card stock to the top and bottom, adhered to the center of the circle with Beacon's 3 in 1 Advanced Craft Glue. Next I added a white paper doily and a chipboard butterfly painted with shimmery blue paint.
- Burlap Triangle - Kraft Outlet
- Patterned Paper - The Paper Studio
- Buttons - Buttons Galore and More
- Ribbon - Stash (on a Christmas gift from a friend)
- Doily - Wilton (Hobby Lobby)
- Chipboard Butterfly - Scenic Route (very old)
- Wire for Antennae - WalMart
- Paints - Art Anthology 'Baby Blue Eyes' and 'Chocolate'
- Mists - Art Anthology 'Plush' Colorations
- Martha Stewart / EK Success Paper Trimmer
- Martha Stewart / EK Success Scoring Board
- Needle and thread
I hope you have enjoyed my project for The Kraft Journal today! Be sure to visit them by following the link above to see the rest of the Creative Team's projects and be inspired! Blessings,