Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

1/28/2013

The Kraft Journal Make It Monday 'Nothing But Kraft' Challenge ... and a big announcement!

Hello there!  Welcome to my post for this week's 'Make It Monday' challenge at The Kraft Journal.   This week's theme is 'Nothing But Kraft', and as usual you are encouraged to interpret the theme in any way you think fits.  My first thought when I saw this theme was 'Oh no ... how do you make a pretty project using nothing but kraft?', but with all of the kraft goodies available at Kraft Outlet, it was really fairly easy.  Here is my project for this week's challenge ...




When I started working on this project, I decided if I couldn't add lots of color, then I needed to add lots of texture, and that is what I did using corrugated kraft paper, a small tag, burlap ribbon and hemp cord.  Here are all of the details ...

Supplies:



Tools:
  • Martha Stewart / EK Success Paper Trimmer
  • Martha Stewart / EK Success Mini Scoring Board
  • Scissors, Ruler, Craft Knife

What do you think?  At first it may look like a kind of masculine card, but it really would be great for anyone.

I am very excited to announce something big going on at Kraft Outlet!  Effective immediately, Kraft Outlet has launched a new endorsement program!  What this means is that if a project that you created using at least 50% Kraft Outlet products is published in an approved magazine, you could receive a cash payment as a thank you for using Kraft Outlet products!  For a list of guidelines and approved publications, check out THIS POST on The Kraft Journal ... the Creative Team blog for Kraft Outlet. 

Thanks for visiting today!  Don't forget to check out this week's challenge, as well as more information on the new endorsement program by visiting The Kraft Journal blog.  Blessings,


No comments: