Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

2/13/2010

Cardvaarks Challenge - A Challenge In a Million!

So, who of you cardmakers out there wouldn't love to be published in one of the premier cardmaking magazines???  I have two dreams.  One is to be published, the other to be on a design team.  Now, I've been a guest DT member for Making Handmade Cards, and I loved it, but I want to be a full fledged DT member of a challenge blog or a product manufacturer.  I know, dream BIG, right!

And the current challenge for Cardvaarks could possibly help make one of those dreams come true!  The challenge is to make a wedding card.  The prize?  The winner's card will be published in the July, 2010 issue of CARDS Magazine!!!





Yep, THAT magazine! And of course I had to go for it - how often does such a wonderful opportunity come along?  So, here is my wedding card for this challenge . . .







I wanted a vintagey look, and my jumping off point was the lace.  That is one piece of vintage lace that was in with some fabric my mother gave me.  I would guess the age is somewhere between the late 1950's to late 1960's.  It is aged and even stained a bit, but I think that adds to the vintage charm.  The lace is a little over 2 1/4 inch from tip to tip of the hearts.  Here's all the info . . .

Product Info:
  • Base cardstock, and tan cardstock for scrolls are from my stash and they didn't have labels on the pieces.
  • Patterned paper is K & Company Blue Awning Ivory Medallion Swirls Flat Paper.  I inked the edges with some brown pigment ink.
  • Vintage lace from my stash
  • Flowers are all Prima
  • Pearls are all from Prima 'e.' line Pearls and Crystals
  • Ribbon is from Michaels 'Celebrate It' line
  • Stamps used for 'congratulations' and 'swirl' are from Inkadinkado's Brenda Walton's Chelsea Sentiments clear stamp set
  • Ink used for sentiments is Tim Holtz Distress Ink 'Frayed Burlap' from Ranger
Cricut Info:
  • Base card cut on Walk in My Garden cartridge, card 2 set at 5"
  • Patterned paper cut on Walk in My Garden cartridge, card 1 set at 4 3/4"
  • Scrolls under flowers cut on Serenade Solutions cartridge using Scroll 1 and Scroll 3
And that is my card.  I hope you like it, and I hope that whoever picks the card for this challenge likes it as well.  I can honestly say I put more thought and care in making this card than any I can remember - it means that much to me!

Thanks for visiting, and have a blessed day, Becky

1 comment:

Gisèle said...

I love the vintage feel of your card. Beautiful!