Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

7/04/2010

Hello everyone!  I'm sorry it's been so long between posts, but things have been kind of busy around here.  I have been crafting, but just haven't had a chance to sit down and do a post.  Today I want to share with you three tags that I have made recently. 




This first tag was made for LAST week's Daring Card Makers challenge to make something with an Ice and Snow theme.  Well, I didn't get it made in time to post for the dare, but I wanted to share it with you anyway.  You see, it was very hard for me to come up with an ice and snow theme when we were in our 15t h- 20th straight days of temps over 90 degrees (F) and heat index over 100 degrees.  In other words, it's been very hot for a long time!  Here is what I came up with . . .




A tag with the message "Just a reminder . . . it won't be this hot forever!"  I cut the circles on my Cricut using Plantin Schoolbook, circle, set at 5 1/2 inches for the base and 5 inches for the patterned paper.  The card stock and patterned paper are from Die Cuts with a view.  The ribbon was a gift from a friend, the brads from my stash, and the snowflake, also from my stash, was purchased a couple of years ago at Dollar Tree.  The sentiment was printed on my ink jet printer.




The next two tags were made for my friends, and while I don't think they read this blog, just in case I won't call them by name.  First up . . .




I cut the tag base on my Cricut using the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge, round top set at 6" with the 'hole option'.  The card stock is DCWV, the image is from the Friendship and Flowers cuts sheet from Heartwarming Vintage by Crafty Secrets.  I trimmed around it and then touched it up with Stickles 'Frosted Lace'. 




The buttons, chipboard frame and charms are from my stash.  The pin is a quilting pin that I dipped into bit of glue, then dipped into white German glass glitter.  There is a bead beneath the pinhead, also from my stash.  The ribbon is French seam binding from Bluebird Lane shop on Etsy.




The sentiment was stamped onto a chipboard slide from the 'Sweet Chips' assortment by Crafty Secrets.  The sentiment was a 'Stampin Up' stamp I borrowed from a friend.





The next one is also for a good friend, and my favorite of the three.  These are definitely her colors, and I hope she likes it!  The tag was cut using my Cricut and the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge using the 'scroll top' tag with the hole option, set at 5 1/2 inches.  The card stock is Bazzill 'burlap' texture.




The patterned paper is a tag from the K&Company Wild Saffron tag pad.  The image is from the Friendship and Flowers cuts sheet from Heartwarming Vintage by Crafty Secrets.  I glued it to some chip board, framed it in a cotton twine, and added just a touch of Stickles 'Platinum' to each corner.  The very old button is from my stash, as is the twine I used to 'thread' it.



I added a heart charm tied with some brown bakers twine, a rub-on by Melissa Frances, and some ivory satin ribbon from my stash.  The gem and pearl are from Prima e-line.




So that's it!  The tree tags I made this week.  I also have a couple of cards almost ready to post, and hope to have them on here some time this weekend. 

For those in the US, I hope you are having a happy, healthy and safe Independence Day, and if there are any of you with friends or relatives who are spending their day in service to our country, THANK YOU!!! 

Blessings, Becky

1 comment:

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh, these are very nice!
Thank you for sharing!
Please come by and check out
my new blog at:
www.msbinglesvintagechristmas.com
Have a good night!
Leticia