Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/05/2010

Cards of 'note' . . .

Hi There!  I just have a couple of cards to share with you today - no challenges or sketches, just playing around cards!  The first one is another halloween card . . .



Product Info:
  • Base patterned paper is an old scrap from what I think is a very old Sassafrass Lass, but the label is long gone!
  • Floral paper and card stock is from a very old 3Birds kit
  • Image is from a clip art software
  • Stickles 'Diamond'
  • Lace and ric-rack from my stash





Tips, Tools and Techniques:
  • Floral frame cut on Cricut Expression using Songbird cartridge Frame 2 set at 4" and orange mat is Frame 2 set at 4" using shadow feature
  • I added a tiny bit of stickles to the little boy's suspenders and hat band and the jack o lanterns faces

And next up is 'Sing', and I love this simple little card . . .




Product Info:
  • Card stock is Die Cuts With a View
  • Patterned paper is My Minds Eye, Alphabet Soup Girl "Sweet Song"
  • Cocoa crinkled seam binding is from Bluebird Lane Etsy shop
  • Pearl is from Prima e Line
  • Stickles 'diamond'
  • Button and twine from my stash





Tips, Tools, Techniques:
  • Card base was cut using Cricut Expression, Walk in My Garden cartridge, Card2 set at 5"
  • Frame was cut using Cricut Expression, Songbird cartridge, Frame1-s set at 4 1/2", mat was cut set at 4 1/2" using shadow feature
  • 'Sing with bird' was cut using Cricut Expression, Songbird cartridge, sing using bird feature set at 2 1/4"
I love that MME paper, and I loved using the contrasting colors of orange and turquoise!  I tried and tried to come up with some ribbon in one of the other colors in the music notes, but none of them worked, so when I paid attention and realized the staff lines were cocoa, the seam binding was just perfect.

I hope all of you in the US are having a nice, relaxing Labor Day Weekend!  Blessings, Becky

1 comment:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Becky,
Your cards are so awesome! The sweet little Halloween one with the fabric roses...so cool!
and all the rest. You give me inspiration to create!
Deb :)