This past Friday, in anticipation of having some cardmaking time this weekend, I visited my local scrapbooking store (aka LSS) looking for some new patterned papers. While browsing the store's shelves I happened upon this gorgeous piece of paper from Crate Paper's 'Restoration Collection' called "slipcover", and instantly fell in love! Now - this isn't my usual style of paper, but I loved the flowers, the texture, the colors and the overall 'organic' feel of the design, and although it's not my usual style, I brought home one piece of it anyway.
Then the very next day I checked on my list of challenge blogs and found this sketch from Unscripted Sketches and went straight to work, using the new paper, of course!
And here is my take on their sketch . . .
- Cardstock is from Die Cuts With a View
- Patterned Paper is Crate Paper, Restoration Collection "slipcover", mat for sentiment is the reverse side
- Crinkled seam binding is from Bluebird Lane Etsy store
- Button from my stash
- Stickles 'Diamond'
Tips, Tools and Techniques:
- Card base cut on Cricut Expression using Walk in My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5"
- Patterned paper cut on Cricut Expression using Walk in My Garden cartridge, card1 set at 5"
- Sentiment printed on ivory cardstock on ink jet printer.
- Sentiment and matting cut on Cuttlebug using Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Squares Small
- Brown ink was used to ink edges of card and around edges of sentiment
- Stickles was used on flower parts to add a bit of bling
I loved this paper, although it wasn't my usual style, and this card isn't my usual style either, but I have to say I love it! The seam binding from Bluebird Lane matched the colors perfectly, and the Stickles gives it just a bit of glimmer so it isn't totally a flat look.
Thank you so much for joining me today, and be sure to come back soon, because I have a card coming up for the CPS challenge that is totally my kind of card!. Blessings, Becky