Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/07/2010

A Dream Come True!

Did you see it???  That new logo over there to the left?   The one that has a header of  "I Design For . . . "?  Yeah, that one!  It's official!  For a couple of years now I have had the goal of becoming a design team member for a card making challenge blog or some other card making 'enterprise'.  Any number of applications later, and I have finally been chosen to be a member of the design team for . . .


Unscripted Sketches is a sketch challenge blog that issues a new sketch each Saturday that many people will turn into a greeting card based on their own individual take on the sketch.  My responsibilities will be to make a card based on each sketch and any 'bonus' challenges, and visit the blogs of card makers who enter their cards in the challenge and leave them encouraging comments about their cards.  

This is not a paid job, but it is my dream job!  I'll now be doing what I love doing, all while being a member of a team of lovely ladies who share my passion for creating our own little pieces of art, and encouraging other folks in their own artistic efforts.   Doesn't that sound like a dream to you?

In upcoming weeks I'll be getting to know the other team members, and learning all the ropes of the Unscripted Sketches organization.  I hope to have my first card for the challenge on September 18th, so be sure and check back often!  Life is so funny, and God is so good!  I felt so good when I was preparing my application for this team, and every other time I have been so nervous and felt I wouldn't make that team.

I feel so blessed to be given this opportunity, and look forward to carrying out my duties with joy and a new level of creativity.  Thanks for visiting today!  Be back soon, Becky


10 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Becky,
So HAPPY for you and I think you should get PAID!!!
Enjoy your new path in life.
Deb :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I can see why you were chosen. You're work is beautiful! I look forward to working with you on the US design team, and getting to know you better.
Hugs!
Steph

FiberArtisttoo said...

This is wonderful for you Becky, congratulations. This is really going to streach(sp)your imagination and you will love that!

Anonymous said...

Becky I am so very proud of you. You are one of the most talented women I know. I love your designs and am proud to give them as gifts. I can't wait to see yur new creations. love Gladys

K-Sue said...

Congratulations! I know you will love doing this. Sometimes unpaid "jobs" are the best - take it from a homeschool mama!

Lelia Pierce said...

Woohoo! Way to go, Becky! I've got you all linked up for US and am now following! Can't wait to get to know you better!

XXX

Angy said...

Becky, I feel the same way. So excited to be chosen for the team. Now to finish fulfilling my dreams I hope to be published soon as well. Look forward to getting to know you better.

Angy

Marcy said...

Hi Becky, Welcome to US, I am so happy to be "playing" with you. I have become a follower! Hugs,
DT Sister Marcy

TesaB said...

Woot! Woot!!!!
Congratulations!!!! I'll for sure check this place out!!!!

Alanna said...

Congrats on joining us at Unscripted Sketches. I look forward to getting to know you.