This week's sketch is sponsored by one of my favorite products, and a wonderful way to add a sentiment to your projects . . . SRM Stickers! If you are like me, and not much of a stamper, SRM's stickers is a wonderful way to add sentiments to your card, layout, tag or other paper crafting project. Luckily, I just got a bunch of new SRM Stickers last week, so I had some great ones from which to choose.
And here is my card based on the sketch . . .
As you can see I slipped the bow over to the left, and the image over to the right because I really wanted to use that 'just because' sticker. Here are all of the details . . .
- Base cardstock is Bazzill
- Red cardstock is Die Cuts With a View
- Patterned paper is Jillibean Soup - Pasta Fagioli - clove fresh garlic (reverse)
- Image is from an old greeting card I found online
- Sentiment is from SRM Stickers - Sticker Sentiments #51006 Thinking of You
- Vintage lace and button are from my stash
- Vintage taffeta ribbon was purchased at an estate sale
- Heart pins are green quilters pins - see below for the makeover details
- Stickles 'Crystal'
How It Came Together:
- Base of card was cut using Walk In My Garden (WIMG) cartridge, card2 set at 5"
- Patterned paper was cut using WIMG cartridge, card1 set at 5"
- Patterned paper was glued to cardstock.
- Image was printed on ink jet printer, then cut using Cuttlebug and Classic Circles Small dies by Spellbinders Nestabilities. Red scalloped cardstock was cut using the Scalloped Circles Small dies, also by Spellbinders Nestabilities. Image was glued to scalloped circle.
- Red cardstock rectangle was cut by hand and glued to the patterned paper. Then the image and scalloped circle were attached using foam dots for dimension.
- Sentiment was attached and rubbed gently with a ruler to make sure it was attached firmly.
- White lace was attached to the card using Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive.
- Ribbon was wrapped and bow was tied.
- Quilters pins with green plastic heads were painted with white paint and dipped into glitter and allowed to dry. The glitter wasn't 'glittery' enough, so I topped that with some Stickles 'Crystal' and allowed it to dry. When the Stickles was dry I stuck the pins through the knot of the bow and then cut off the sharp points with wire clippers. Then the button was attached with glue.
I have to say I'm really loving this card! I don't remember if I've told this on here, but a couple of months ago I lost my computer and all of my collection of images along with it due to a virus. I have been working diligently at trying to rebuild my files of vintage images, and this is one of the new ones I found. If - like me - you are not much of a stamper, there are all kinds of places online where you can find vintage images that are free to use in your projects.
Thanks for visiting, and I hope to see you back here again really soon! Blessings, Becky