And here is my card based on the sketch . . .
I really love the poppies image that I found online. And the different shades of red in the paper really picks up the different shades in the image. Here is all the info . . .
- Base cardstock, and green scalloped cardstock is from The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby) Textured Cardstock Stack - Darks
- Beige and rust cardstock in sentiment is small scraps from my stash
- Patterned paper (top and bottom) are from My Minds Eye - So Sophie "Anything for you" Reliable Red Paper
- Cream seam binding is from Bluebird Lane Etsy Shop
- Sentiment is from SRM Press, Sticker Sentiments #51006 Thinking of You
- Red twine is 'perle cotton' from my embroidery stash
- Base card was cut using Cricut Expression 'A Child's Year' cartridge, card feature, Beach1-s set at 6"
- Scalloped edges of green cardstock were cut using Fiskars 'apron lace' Border Punch
- Stitching was done on sewing machine
- Cream circle and scalloped circle behind were both cut using Cuttlebug and Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Circles Small and Classic Scalloped Circles Small
- Cream seam binding was adhered using Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive
- Perle cotton was threaded through a small slit in the edge of the card and wrapped around, criss-crossing a few times before tying in a bow
- Image and sentiment were adhered using foam dots for dimension
Hmmmm, I just remembered, today is the 27th anniversary of the day my hubby and I met for the first time on a blind date. Guess who will be getting this card when he gets home from work! I hope you have enjoyed this card and I really hope to see you back here again soon! Blessings folks! Becky