I wanted to do something different from 'just a card', so I decided to make a 'tag' card. Here is my take on this week's challenge . . .
This is the front of the card. It consists of two #5 manilla tags that are 2 3/8" X 4 3/4". Here is how I made it . . .
- #5 manila tags
- Patterned papers are Echo Park's "For the Record" by Bella Road
- Stickers are from SRM Press
- Gem for bird's eye and center of yellow button are from Prima eLine
- Crepe paper, ric-rack, ribbon and button are from my stash
Ruffle made of crepe paper
Bird inked with brown ink, gem for eye
Flower made of crepe paper folded in half, stitched two edges together, gathered and shaped into flower. Button for center.
Sentiment on front says 'Life starts here'
Ric-rack pointing toward next page, along with finger pointing sticker. Vintage button with gem center.
Inside sentiment says today, dream, live, laugh.
Back side of second tag is blank so you can write a note.
- Bird was traced using a template and cut by hand, then the edges inked with brown ink.
- When I tied the two tags together, I placed a pencil between them at the top so that I wouldn't tie the ribbon so tight they wouldn't open.
- Crepe paper is my favorite new product! Trim edges with pinking shears, sew a basting stitch down the center and pull threads to gather - makes a great ruffle!
I hope you've enjoyed this visit today! I really enjoyed making the tag card - it's a lot of fun doing something different from your usual card, so take a look at your stash and see what you can use that may be outside of your comfort zone! Thanks for coming, and Blessings! Becky