Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

4/09/2011

Unscripted Sketches # 101


Welcome back for Sketch It Saturday at Unscripted Sketches!  I hope you enjoyed our blogiversary celebration!  Be sure to check out the Unscripted Sketches blog to see if you won one of the great prizes!  

This week's sketch was a lot of fun for me . . . 




I simply turned it 1/4 to the left, and it was instantly easy to make a card that has become one of my favorite ever!  Here is my card . . .




Once again I used a vintage image that I got FREE at Free Pretty Things For You.  If you love very sweet vintage images, you really need to check it out!

And here are the details . . .

Product Info:

  • Base cardstock is Die Cuts With a View
  • Patterned paper is from Shabby Princess Collection by Bo Bunny Press
  • Image is from Free Pretty Things For You
  • Gems are from Prima eLine
  • Stickles 'Diamond' 

Don't you love that sweet image?





Tips, Tools and Techniques:

Cricut Expression:
  • Card base was cut using Walk In My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5"
  • Patterned paper was cut using WIMG cargridge, card1 set at 4 1/2 inches for both front and inside of card
Other:
  • Cut image and sentiment to size, backed with scraps of cardstock
  • Popped image out with foam dots for dimension
  • Added tiny bit of Stickles to a few elements in the design on the patterned paper.
This was a very easy card, made easier by the great sketch!   I hope you have enjoyed your visit today, and hope that you will go and visit the Unscripted Sketches blog to see the rest of our great design team's projects.  

Blessings, folks!  Becky


1 comment:

Free Pretty Things For You said...

Oh this is totally Adorbs!!!!!