This week's 'Tuesday Trigger' is so gorgeous! It is so me that I just had to make a card based on this picture . . .
If you only knew, Cath, that my kitchen table is antiqued red, my grandmother's old cabinet beside the table is mustard yellow, and the bench next to that is bright royal blue. I love vintage, I love color, I collect vintage aprons, and I love this picture! Here is my take on the challenge . . .
Here are all the details . . .
- Base cardstock is Die Cuts With a View
- Patterned papers and strip with red numbers are all from Echo Park's new 'For The Record' line by Bella Road: Vintage Linen, Picket Fence, and Borders
- Red frame is from Tattered Angels 3 in 1 Framed Font Chips (see how I made it red below)
- Paper doily, vintage button, red twine (from dog food bag) are from my stash. So is the vintage taffeta ribbon that I found recently at an estate sale.
- Sentiments are from SRM Press - Sticker Sentiments #51006 Thinking of You
Bits and Tidbits:
- Card base was cut using Cricut Expression, A Child's Year cartridge, StPtrk-s using card feature set at 7"
- Distressed paper doily with brown ink
- Red Frame: inked with red ink, dried with heat gun, inked with gold ink, dried with in gun, inked with VersaMark, added thick coating of Ranger 'red' embossing powder and melted with heat gun.
- Adhered patterned paper to back of frame, added sentiment sticker.
- Cut pieces of patterned paper to fit card, adhered with glue, added numbered strip to cover where papers joined.
- Added sentiment sticker to bottom of card.
- Glued doily and frame to top of card.
- Cut slit size width of ribbon in fold of card, threaded ribbon through and tied into a bow. Added vintage button threaded with red twine.
And that is how it all came together! I love this card, of course I love the colors, but I also love the cheeriness and sentiment. We all know someone who is having a hard time and could use a little cheering up; a few happy thoughts! Thanks for visiting today, I would love it if you would leave a comment and let me know you were here and what you thought of my card. Blessings friends! Becky