I am submitting this card for two challenges, both the Daring Cardmakers 'Fashion' challenge, and Card Positioning Systems (CPS) Sketch #220. Also, Daring Cardmakers is giving away a great prize from their new sponsor, Imagine That, so please check out their site as well! Here is my card for both challenges . . .
And here are the details . . .
- Daring Cardmakers 'Passion for Fashion' Challenge
- Card Positioning Systems Sketch #220
The Supply List:
- Cardstock is from The Paper Studio
- Patterned paper is from Lily Bee Design Domestic Bliss 'pearls & heels' and 'french knot'
- Stickles 'stardust'
- Sentiment from SRM Stickers - Express Yourself #42038 Everyday Life
- Ribbon and Button are from my stash
- Cricut Expression and A Child's Year cartridge (card base)
- Cuttlebug and Spellbinders Nestabilities Scalloped Circles Small
- Carl PRT-100 rotary cutter
- EK Success corner rounding punch - small
- Scissors, craft knife
- To make the flower, cut a couple of scalloped circles using the two smallest dies from the Spellbinders scalloped circles set. Dip into warm water for just a second and crumple up into a ball. Carefully un-crumple and place open on paper towels. Microwave for 30 to 40 seconds, until dry. Glue together at centers and add button.
- When cutting images, or 'fussy cutting' remember to move the paper and not the scissors! If you have delicate angles, cut beyond the angle and go back at a different angle. This keeps your angles clean and crisp.
- Because some parts of the image were so small, I used bits of scrap cardboard, glued to the back, instead of foam dots. It worked quite well!
I will admit that this isn't my usual style of card, but I think it came out pretty well. These are the first Lily Bee papers I've used, and they really are great! Thanks for visiting today, and I hope to see you back soon! Blessings, Becky