Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

5/29/2011

CPS #220 and Daring Cardmakers 'Fashion' Challenges

Hello there!  I hope you are having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!  We are just being lazy and enjoying being at home.  And of course my favorite room in our house is my studio, and that's where you'll find me today!

I am submitting this card for two challenges, both the Daring Cardmakers 'Fashion' challenge, and Card Positioning Systems (CPS) Sketch #220.  Also, Daring Cardmakers is giving away a great prize from their new sponsor, Imagine That, so please check out their site as well!  Here is my card for both challenges . . .




And here are the details . . .

The Blueprints:

  • Daring Cardmakers 'Passion for Fashion' Challenge
  • Card Positioning Systems Sketch #220




The Supply List:

  • Cardstock is from The Paper Studio
  • Patterned paper is from Lily Bee Design Domestic Bliss 'pearls & heels' and 'french knot'
  • Stickles 'stardust'
  • Sentiment from SRM Stickers - Express Yourself #42038 Everyday Life
  • Ribbon and Button are from my stash



The Tools:
  • Cricut Expression and A Child's Year cartridge (card base)
  • Cuttlebug and Spellbinders Nestabilities Scalloped Circles Small
  • Carl PRT-100 rotary cutter
  • EK Success corner rounding punch - small
  • Scissors, craft knife



The Tips:
  • To make the flower, cut a couple of scalloped circles using the two smallest dies from the Spellbinders scalloped circles set.  Dip into warm water for just a second and crumple up into a ball.  Carefully un-crumple and place open on paper towels.  Microwave for 30 to 40 seconds, until dry.  Glue together at centers and add button.
  • When cutting images, or 'fussy cutting' remember to move the paper and not the scissors!  If you have delicate angles, cut beyond the angle and go back at a different angle.  This keeps your angles clean and crisp.
  • Because some parts of the image were so small, I used bits of scrap cardboard, glued to the back, instead of foam dots.  It worked quite well!



I will admit that this isn't my usual style of card, but I think it came out pretty well.  These are the first Lily Bee papers I've used, and they really are great!  Thanks for visiting today, and I hope to see you back soon!  Blessings, Becky


9 comments:

Kathy said...

Love all the dressmaker-y details, Becky - the papers are so lovely tooThanks for showing your "Passion for Fashion" and playing along with The Daring Cardmakers this week

Jennie said...

Great card and nice job on the CPS sketch this week! Love the dressmaker theme :o)

Mary Jaminski said...

Hi Becky! Thank you for sharing your blog. I have found it quite interesting! Happy Day to you!

purple_pea_fran said...

Fabulous card, love the crumpled flower and measure tape. Thanks for dropping by Daring Cardmakers this week. Fran

Cat Tidwell said...

Awesome creation! Love the dressmaker theme and the tape...wonderful little details!!

Oscar said...

Gorgeous card, I love the tape measure twill! Thanks for joining us at the Daring Cardmakers this week!

Cate said...

Love the use of layers on your card and all the details you've add!

Zuzana Obert said...

Wow, this card is fantastic. I love the beautiful flower and the measure tape too. Thanks for sharing with DCM this week.

Zuzana x x

Lynda said...

Oh this is absolutely lovely - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx