I've been loving today, spending most of my time in my studio working on cards for challenges that I don't always have the time to do! This card is for two challenges . . . Card Patterns Sketch #117 and Alphabet Challenge ~ D is for Dogs. Here is my project for these two challenges . . .
And here are the details . . .
- Alphabet Challenge 'D is for Dogs'
- Card Patterns Sketch #117 (below)
The Supply List:
- Cardstock ~ The Paper Studio
- Patterned Paper ~ The Girls' Paperie 'Vintage Patchwork'
- Image is from vintage greeting card found online
- Sentiment - SRM Stickers # 51006 Thinking of You
- Ribbon from my stash
- Cricut Expression and Walk in My Garden cartridge
- Cuttlebug and Classic Circles Small and Scalloped Circles Small dies by Spellbinders Nestabilities
- Fiskars Apron Lace border Punch
- Computer and ink jet printer
- Scissors, pinking shears, craft knife
- EK Success corner rounding punch - small
- Cut ends of grosgrain ribbon with pinking shears to prevent raveling
- Raise the scalloped circle up off the card using foam dots for dimension
- Cut card2 at 5" and card1@ 4 3/4", then round corners for emphasis
I think this little sad or scared puppy is so cute! There are so many places online where you can find images of vintage greeting cards or book pages. I save the image to my photos as a jpeg file and then using Picasa 3 you can adjust the color, print various sizes, and even add text if you want before printing. Check on Flickr by searching for 'vintage greeting cards' or if you are looking for a specific artist, search for their name. You'll be amazed at how many images you will find!
Thanks for visiting . . . can't believe this is my third post for the day! Come back soon, and blessings, Becky