Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

6/04/2011

Little Red Wagon Challenge #83 - Sketch

Hi there!  Just a quick post to share my card for this week's Little Red Wagon challenge, which just happens to be a sketch!  Here is my take on this week's sketch . . .




And here are all the details . . .

The Blueprints:


The Supply List:

  • Base cardstock is from The Paper Studio
  • Patterned paper is from Prima Marketing ~ Madeline Collection "Spring Tide" (Note:  the musical notes are the reverse side, so I used both sides of the paper.)
  • Flower is from Prima Marketing ~ Roosevelt Collection "Anna"
  • Sentiments are from SRM Press #51003 Happy Birthday




The Tools:

  • Cricut Expression and Walk In My Garden cartridge
  • Carl PRT-100 Rotary Trimmer
  • EK Success Edger Punch "arch scallop"
  • Scissors, craft knife and ruler



The Tips:
  • To get a clean, even crease in the card center, use a ruler and a scoring tool, and score along the registration marks (slots) in the card.
  • Using both sides of a two sided paper is a great way to get perfectly matched elements on one project.

And that was my card - I sure hope you enjoyed it!  I've already decided this one will go to my Mama for her 81st birthday in July.  She will love the flowers and the bird!  Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope to see you back soon!  Blessings, Becky


3 comments:

Val said...

Beautiful as always.

Linda Beeson said...

That is such a great sketch and I love what you did with it especially all of the blues

Deanna said...

Thanks so much for using my sketch! I love your card... stunning!

Dee - LRW