Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

6/07/2011

Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge - Paper Flowers, Vintage Lace and Bling

I am so happy to have found the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge blog!  Their challenges require that you use either the vintage, shabby or the primitive styles, and of course I love both vintage and shabby, so it is right up my alley!  Here is my project for this week's challenge . . .




And here are the details . . .

The Blueprints:  Make a vintage, shabby chic or primitive inspired card using paper flowers (handmade or purchased), vintage or vintage looking lace, and bling.

The Supplies:

  • Kraft card stock from The Paper Studio
  • Patterned paper is Websters Pages, Country Estate, sentimental journey
  • Vintage lace and button are from my stash
  • Twine is perle cotton craft thread from Prism
  • Pearls are Prima
  • Sticker sentiment is from SRM Stickers # 51013 Congratulations
  • Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist 'iridescent gold'




The Tools:
  • Cricut Expression and Elegant Edges cartridge
  • Carl PRT-100 rotary cutter
  • Scissors, kraft knife, scoring tool and ruler



The Construction:
  • Trim kraft cardstock to 7" x 10", measure center line, score and fold to make a 5" x 7" card
  • Make 3 layers of patterned flower on Cricut by using Sclop1-s set at 2", 2 1/2" and 3"
  • Spray flower parts with Glimmer Mist and while damp, crinkle paper, slightly rolling up edges - let dry
  • Using craft knife, cut slit about 1 1/2" in the fold of the card.  Thread lace through, pull across and tie into a bow
  • Apply sticker sentiment below lace
  • Adhere flower layers to card
  • Apply pearls between flower and lace



And that's about it!  Wouldn't this be really cute for someone who just got engaged?  I hope you have enjoyed your visit today, because I'm really glad you came!  I'll be right back for another project for yet another challenge.  Blessings, Becky


No comments: