Such was the situation for my card for this week's challenge over at Alphabet Challenge Blog! The challenge is 'L' for lemons and limes. I tried and tried and tried to make it be more dimensional, frilly (or frou-frou), trendy, but all it really wanted to be was a cute, clean and simple thank you card! So after almost 24 hours (not counting 6 or 7 for sleep) of wrestling with how I wanted the card to look and how it chose to look, I gave in, and here is what we came up with . . .
- Card stock - DCWV
- Patterned paper - The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
- Sentiment - SRM Stickers
- Ribbon - purchased at a yard sale, no identifying marks!
- Cricut Expression with Walk In My Garden and Elegant Edges cartridges
- EK Success 'Arch Scallop' Border Punch
- Pinking shears, scissors, ruler, craft knife and rotary cutter
- EK Success 'medium' corner rounding punch
- Card base - Walk In My Garden cartridge, 'card2' set at 5"
- Yellow gingham - Walk In My Garden cartridge, 'card1' set at 5"
- Medallion - Part 1, Yellow, 'Ctrus1-s' set at 2 1/2"; Part 2, Green, 'Citrus1' set at 2 1/2"
Just a simple thank you, clean, simple, sweet, and to the point. That's all this card ever wanted to be, and who am I to argue! Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope to see you again soon! Blessings, Becky