Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

7/18/2011

Card Patterns # 124 and Sugar Creek Hollow 'Wing Things' Challenges

Hi there!  I have actually made a few projects lately, but things have been kind of busy, so it's taking me longer than usual to get them posted here for you to see!  This time I have made a card for two challenges:

  • Sugar Creek Hollow's challenge is to use the theme 'Wing Things', fitting into the shabby, vintage or primative styles, and 
  • Card Patterns sketch # 124 shown here . . . 




For my card, I turned the sketch to the right 1/4 turn.  Here is my card based on the two challenges . . .




Before I share my supply list, I want to tell you about a few bargains I used in making this card!  First up, the white brads (under the pink pearls), the blue felt and pink ribbon were purchased from Anna Griffin a few weeks ago when she had her warehouse sale.  Almost everything I bought (including the set of 10 fancy brads, and the ribbon cards) were only $1 each!  Also, the patterned papers I used are from a Donna Dewberry 'paintable paper' kit that I purchased at a yard sale.  Apparently the lady had purchased five (yes, I said 5) of the kits, and had used some elements, but had the better part of 4 of the kits, and all of three of the kits in a box.  There was no price on the box, and when I asked she only wanted $1 for everything!  I love me some scrapbooking bargains!!!

Supply List:

  • Card stock - Bazzil Basics
  • Patterned paper - Plaid ~ FolkArt One Stroke 'Paintable Papers'
  • Flower and pearls - Prima
  • White brads (see note), felt border and ribbon - Anna Griffin
  • Sentiment - SRM Stickers
  • Image - Flickr





Tools:

  • Cricut Expression and Elegant Edges cartridge
  • Computer and Ink Jet printer
  • Scissors, craft knife, ruler and rotary cutter
  • Needle nose pliers

Cricut Cuts:
  • For image - Elegant Edges cartridge 'Flrsh1-s' using oblong feature set at 4".  Centered cut made using 'Center Point' feature.
  • For matting behind image - Elegant Edges cartridge 'Flrsh1-s' using oblong feature set at 4 1/4".





Tips and Hints:
  • For the three circles at the bottom of the card, I used three Anna Griffin brads that were white, floral shapes.  They did not show up the way I wanted them to, so I coated them with white glue and dipped them into some white glitter and allowed them to dry before gluing on the pink pearls.  I removed the brads from the back with some needle nose pliers and glued them to the card.  The glitter I used was a combination of several different glitters that I had combined a while back because I only had a tiny bit of each, so I can't tell you what brand it is, but I love that it almost perfectly matched the glitter on the Prima flower!

And that is my card for two challenges!   I think it will make a lovely card for someone who just found out they are expecting a baby or, since there are 3 eggs, maybe even triplets!  I have several other cards I need to get posted, so please comeback soon.  Blessings, Becky!!!



3 comments:

Patti P. said...

I agree with you, nothing like a crafting bargain and you have certainly created a beautiful card using all of your new found treasures. Love this image, too. So glad you could join us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week and hope to see you again soon.
Patti DT/SCH

Cec said...

How lovely. The vintage birds are so nice and all your bargain embellishments set them off so nicely. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Sharon Basel said...

This is so pretty! I love the vintage bird image and all the beautiful details you've added to this card. Lovely! Thanks for sharing this with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Sharon, SCH-DT