The card I'm referring to is the one I made for the latest challenge over at Our Creative Corner. The challenge was to use "all the B's", as in black, bows, bling, and buttons! Here is the card I made for this challenge . . .
The bling is the swirl of pearls, the button is the cameo at the center of the black fabric flower, and the bow is a lovely golden resin bow.
- Base of card - kraft card stock - The Paper Company (JoAnn)
- Cream card stock (embossed) - DCWV
- Patterned paper - 7 Gypsies
- Image - Flickr
- Sentiment - SRM Stickers
- Cameo button and black fabric - stash
- Gems - Prima
- Gold resin bow - Anna Griffith
- Cuttlebug and 'Musical Swirls' embossing folder
- Computer and ink jet printer
- Scissors, craft knife, ruler, rotary cutter
Tips and Tricks:
- To make the flower, tear a strip of fabric about 1 to 2 inches wide. Cut a circle of cardboard or card stock about the size you want your finished flower to be. Glue one end to center of circle. Start twisting fabric and turning to form a circle, gluing as you go. When you get it as large as you want, cut off excess fabric, turn end of fabric under flower and glue to keep it from coming apart. Glue button, beads, etc. to center.
Thanks for coming by today, and be sure to come back soon . . . I have a couple more cards for challenges that I will be sharing later! Blessings, Becky