And here is my card based on the sketch ...
- Card base, 5"x7" by Stampabilities (Hobby Lobby)
- Card stock - Die Cuts With A View
- Patterned papers - Prima 'Madeline' collection
- Image - Flicker
- Sentiment - SRM Press #51016 'Wishing You Well'
- Ink - Stampabilities
- Cricut Expression and Elegant Edges cartridge
- Scissors, ruler, rotary cutter and craft knife
- Computer and Ink Jet Printer
- EK Success 'small' Corner Rounding Punch
- For the image, first, determine where you want to be the 'center point' on the image on the card. Using a ruler and light pencil marks, mark that center point.
- Place image on your Cricut cutting mat (Please do a trial run first!!!), press 'load mat' and click on the 'Center Point' button on your machine - this is found between the digital screen and the keyboard.
- Press the appropriate buttons (for this card it is
using oblong function), set the size (4 1/4")
- Using the arrows surrounding the 'Cut' button, move the blade carriage to where you marked the center point on your image. Press 'Cut'. Don't forget to erase your pencil marks after you have cut the image to shape!
- For the brown mat, click the 'Center Point' button to turn off that feature!!! Load your mat, click on
, shadow and oblong buttons and check to make sure your size is still 4 1/4". Press 'Cut'.
Using this cartridge gives you many options for frames, labels, borders and more. I have had my Cricut for about 1 1/2 years but there are many features I am just beginning to use, but as I learn more I am able to be more creative!
Thanks so much for visiting me today! Blessings, Becky