Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

8/06/2011

Alphabet Challenge Blog

The challenge for this week over at the Alphabet Challenge Blog was kind of fun!  Or, at least it was after I found an image that worked for me and the challenge.  The challenge was to make a project using  the color 'navy' plus one other color as your primary colors.  The image I found was one from another of my new favorite vintage image blogs . . . Bumble Buttons, and has a navy background with a pot of pink and white flowers.  I chose pink as  my second color because I've always thought navy and pink made a great combination!  Here is my card based on the challenge . . .




Supply List:

  • Navy card stock - DCWV
  • Pink card stock - Core'dinations
  • Image - Bumble Buttons
  • Sentiment - SRM Stickers
  • Flower and gem - Prima
  • Vintage rayon ribbon - estate sale find





 
Tools Used:

  • Cricut Expression with Walk In My Garden (WIMG), Elegant Edges (EE) and Plantin Schoolbook (PS) cartridges
  • Computer and ink jet printer
  • Scissors, ruler, craft knife and rotary cutter




Cricut Cuts:
  • Card Base - WIMG cartridge, card 2 set at 5"
  • Pink 'label' - EE cartridge, Flrsh1-s using oblong feature set at 4"
  • Pink circle - PS cartridge, circle set at 1 1/2"

And that is what it took to make a very pretty navy and pink card!  I love the shape of the image and the navy background.  Thanks for coming by today, and please come back soon!  Blessings, Becky


1 comment:

happyglitzygirl said...

Oh this is stunning, absolutely love it. thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, blessings Hilde.