Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

8/06/2011

Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge - Naturally Neutral

This weeks challenge over at Sugar Creek Hollow was a nice surprise for me, and when I read it I knew immediately which image I wanted to use.  I found the image at one of my new favorite vintage image sites, The House Across The Bay Etsy shop, and knew it would be just perfect for a challenge to use neutral colors!   The challenge . . . to use only neutrals, only allowing for a tiny bit of color if necessary.  Here is my card based on their challenge . . .




Supplies:

  • Base (kraft) card stock - The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
  • Patterned paper - Websters Pages
  • Image - The House Across The Bay
  • Vintage lace - my stash, purchased at an estate sale
  • Buckle - Anna Griffin
  • Flower - Prima
  • Sentiment - SRM Stickers
  • Bronze ink - Anna Griffin





Tools Used:

  • Cricut Expression and Walk In My Garden cartridge
  • Scissors, ruler, rotary cutter, craft knife
  • Computer and ink jet printer




Cricut Cuts:
  • Card base cut using Walk In My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5"
  • Patterned paper cut using Walk In My Garden cartridge, card1 set at 5"

I really like how this came out, the buckle worked perfectly with the patterned paper and lace.  Thanks so much for visiting today, and please come back soon!  Blessings, Becky  



6 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Simple and yet so lovely. I like your Halloween invite too.

We don't get many magazines on this side of the world, but Paper Crafts is one that I actually can find sometimes. I haven't done any papercrafting in a while though. Have been doing a lot of crocheting lately.

Hope you have a great weekend. Tammy

Heide said...

What a fantastic vintage image. I do love how you have done your ribbon.
Thanks for joining us at SCH.
Hugs, Heide

♥Jan♥ said...

Wow Becky ! This is wonderful !

Patti P. said...

Becky, you were fast on the draw this week, sorry I wasn't as fast with a comment. Love your card, the lace and buckle treatment are gorgeous and who wouldn't love that beautiful image!!
Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

Patti SCH/DT

Sharon Basel said...

This is gorgeous Becky. I love that beautiful image and your bow is to die for. Such a wonderful vintage feel to your card. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week.

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Beautiful :) I love the way you treated the lace :)