Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

8/06/2011

Unscripted Sketches # 118 - BOO!!!

Happy Saturday, and welcome to Sketch It Saturday at Unscripted Sketches!  This week's sketch was a bit of a test for my crafting skills, until inspiration struck, and then it was a breeze!  And yes, this is a halloween project, and yes, it's only August, but ya know, when inspiration strikes you've just gotta go with it!!!  Here is this week's sketch . . .


 

For my project I rotated the sketch 1/4 turn to the right . . . because that's what worked for me this time!  Here is my project based on the sketch . . .





It is a halloween party invitation.  Here is how it looks with the invitation out of the envelope . . .





Supplies:

  • Orange card stock - Bazzill
  • White card stock - Georgia Pacific 110# card stock (Walmart)
  • Patterned paper - Cosmo Cricket
  • Sentiments - The jack-o-lantern, spider, and both 10/30 stickers are all from SRM STickers
  • Glassine bag - Pick Your Plum (they were a 1 day special, you can find similar ones HERE)
  • Black wire - my stash




Tools Used:
  • Scissors, ruler, craft knife, rotary cutter
  • computer and ink jet printer
  • 1/4" hole punch



Once inspiration struck, this was a fun project, and didn't take very long!  Pick Your Plum is a website that has one deal every day (M-F and sometimes Saturday), and a few weeks ago they had a package of glassine bags, as well as pink paper bags lined with glassine, and I picked up a few sets.  I'm really enjoying using them for projects, and coming up with unusual ways of using them!

Thanks for visiting today!  I'm always glad to see who has been, and appreciate comments more than you know!  Blessings, Becky

 

No comments: