I've really been enjoying the sketch challenges over at Moxie Fab World this week. And although this is the first sketch I have got a project made for, I hope to make the others as well. This card is for the Vertical Sketch Challenge, and here is the sketch . . .
As soon as I saw this sketch, I knew exactly what papers I would be using! Just yesterday I got to visit my favorite scrapbooking store 'Altered Angel' in Alpharetta, GA and bought these absolutely delicious papers from the Sweet Summertime line by Little Yellow Bicycle. Here is my take on the sketch . . .
- Base card stock - Core'dinations
- Patterned paper - Little Yellow Bicycle 'Sweet Summertime'
- Twine - Pick Your Plum
- Sentiments - SRM Stickers
- Gems - Prima
- Button - stash
- Cricut Expression with Plantin Schoolbook cartridge
- Scissors, craft knife, ruler, rotary cutter
Bits and Pieces:
- I cut the flags, or pennants, by hand, backing them on a scrap of navy cardstock to make them pop
- To get the twine to wrap around the top flap of your card, make a small slit in the fold of the card and put the twine through the slit and pull through
- The letters YOU were cut on the Cricut Expression using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge, Y and U set at 1" and the O (both shadow and letter) set at 1 1/4".
I love this card - truly love it! The bright summery colors, the pretty patterns, and the celebratory feel! I hope you enjoyed it too! Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you'll come back soon . . . because you know I'll have something else to show you soon!!! Blessings, Becky