Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

8/15/2012

The Kraft Journal 'Watch Us Wednesday' Tutorial - Felt Roses

Hi there!  I am back with my second Creative Team project for The Kraft Journal, and my first 'Watch Us Wednesday' Tutorial.  The theme for our challenge this week is 'Tag it!', and if you've visited me before, you most likely know I L♥VE making tags!  For this week's project, I made a pocket card with two tags in the pocket, and decorated the pocket itself with yellow felt roses.  To find a tutorial on how to make the roses, check out The Kraft Journal blog.

Here is my project for this week's challenge ...



For the base of this pocket card I used the Lunch Bag Kraft CD Sleeve Envelope and for the tags inside the pocket card I used the Large Manila Shipping Tags, both from Kraft Outlet.




Here is a list of the other supplies that I used:
  • Patterned paper - Jillibean Soup 'Blossom Soup' 6 x 6 Mini Pad
  • Felt - Hobby Lobby
  • Stickers - SRM Stickers
  • Red card stock - The Paper Studio
  • Ribbon and Ric-Rack - My stash
  • Black gems - Want 2 Scrap
  • Brown Ink - Stampabilities
  • Round Charm and Epoxy Bubble Cap - Epiphany Crafts 'Round 25'
  • Embossing Powder 'Queen's Gold' - Ranger Ink

The two tags that fit inside of the pocket card!

Tools:
  • Martha Stewart / EK Success Paper Trimmer
  • EK Success 'Arch Scallop' Border Punch
  • Fiskars 'Apron Lace' Border Punch
  • Carl PRT-100 Rotary Cutter with scalloped blade
  • Cricut Expression and Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge
  • Epiphany 'Round 25' Tool
  • Scissors, craft knife, ruler



Don't you just LOVE pocket cards?  Well, I surely do, and you should try one some time!  Be sure to check out (and maybe participate in) this week's challenge at The Kraft Journal.

Blessings,



2 comments:

sticker printing said...

Nice design.

Tracy said...

Your tutorial is wonderful Becky. :-) i love handmade flowers. Have a great day! Hugs!