Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/04/2012

A Special Card for Special Friends!

Hello and Welcome!  Today I want to share a special project that I made for some special friends.  We have known Sue and Tom for about 3 to 4 years, and have formed a special friendship with these sweet, sweet people!  Sue and I grew up less than 10 miles from each other, although we only met a few years ago. 

Anyway, tomorrow (9/5) they will celebrate their 48th wedding anniversary, and they invited hubby and I to join them and several other friends and family members for a meal at a local Japanese restaurant to celebrate the occasion.  I wanted to do something special instead of just a plain card, so I made a pocket card, with spaces where Sue can add pictures of she and Tom.  Here is the front of the card ...



Here are the details ...

Supplies:
  • Base of pocket - manila file folder (Target)
  • Patterned Papers - Pebbles, Inc. 'Fresh Goods'
  • Felt - Hobby Lobby
  • Seam Binding - my stash
  • Brown Ink - Stampabilities
  • Sentiment Stickers - SRM Stickers
  • Stickles 'Diamond' - Ranger Ink


Tools:
  • Cricut Expression with Plantin Schoolbook, Elegant Edges and Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridges
  • Martha Stewart / EK Success paper trimmer
  • Scissors, Ruler, Craft Knife, Scoring Tool, 1/4" hole punch


As you can see, I left room for several small pictures on the tags, and I wrote my note on the back of the large tag and left room for journaling on the back of the small tags.  If I had the pictures, I would have added them myself, but I didn't, so she can add them herself. 

I hope you have enjoyed your visit today!  If you are not already a follower of my blog, I'd love it if you would become one, and I have links on the top, underneath the picture, where you can follow my Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter pages.  Thanks so much for visiting!  Blessings,


No comments: