This is the gift bag with the apple shaped card that I made using my Cricut. It is really easy to make and adds a large pop of color!
This is the gift bag with the gift itself ... a cute as can be kraft journal and matching bookmark. The book is easy to embellish and fits inside the coffee bag perfectly. How about a look at the details?
From Kraft Outlet ...
- Patterned Paper - Bella Blvd 'Finally Fall' Autumn Splendor
- Twine - Maya Road 'Latte Brown' Corded Twine
- Colored Card Stock for Apple - The Paper Studio
- Gem - Creative Imaginations
- Owl Epoxy Bubble Cap - Epiphany Round 25 Bubble Cap
- Resin Owl - unknown ... it was a gift from a friend, out of packaging
- Stickles - Platinum
- Brown Ink - Stampabilities
- Thank You Stamp - Inkadinkadoo
- Owl Stamp - Hampton Arts
- Martha Stewart / EK Success Paper Trimmer
- Martha Stewart / EK Success Scoring Board
- Cricut Expression and 'Preserves' Cartridge
- Scissors, Ruler, Craft Knife
Tips for making the apple shaped card:
- Using the Cricut cartridge, cut the 'base' of the apple on a scrap piece of card stock.
- Fold an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of kraft card stock in half, making it 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" doubled.
- Place the apple that you just cut right on the fold, and slide it over about to the left about 1/8" to 1/4" extending over the fold.
- Trace around the apple shape.
- Using good scissors, cut BOTH SIDES of the card at once, following the apple shape that you just traced.
- Cut the parts of the apple as shown in your Cricut handbook and adhere the layers to the card base.
I hope you have enjoyed this project ... It was lots of fun to make! Check out the other designers projects at The Kraft Journal's blog. Blessings,