Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/03/2012

The Kraft Journal Challenge #86 'Shape It Up'

Hello Folks!  It is time for a new challenge at The Kraft Journal!  This week's theme is 'Shape It Up', and as usual, participants are invited to make a project based on their take of the theme.  Since school is fully in session, I thought it might be time to make a special teacher's 'Thank You' gift.  The gift is incredibly easy and inexpensive, and the packaging is really fun!  Here is a look at my take on the challenge ...



This is the gift bag with the apple shaped card that I made using my Cricut.  It is really easy to make and adds a large pop of color!



This is the gift bag with the gift itself ... a cute as can be kraft journal and matching bookmark.  The book is easy to embellish and fits inside the coffee bag perfectly.  How about a look at the details?

Supplies:

From Kraft Outlet ...
Other Supplies:
  • Patterned Paper - Bella Blvd 'Finally Fall' Autumn Splendor
  • Twine - Maya Road 'Latte Brown' Corded Twine
  • Colored Card Stock for Apple - The Paper Studio
  • Gem - Creative Imaginations
  • Owl Epoxy Bubble Cap - Epiphany Round 25 Bubble Cap
  • Resin Owl - unknown ... it was a gift from a friend, out of packaging
  • Stickles - Platinum
  • Brown Ink - Stampabilities
  • Thank You Stamp - Inkadinkadoo
  • Owl Stamp - Hampton Arts





Tools:

  • Martha Stewart / EK Success Paper Trimmer
  • Martha Stewart / EK Success Scoring Board
  • Cricut Expression and 'Preserves' Cartridge
  • Scissors, Ruler, Craft Knife


 


Tips for making the apple shaped card:

  • Using the Cricut cartridge, cut the 'base' of the apple on a scrap piece of card stock.  
  • Fold an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of kraft card stock in half, making it 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" doubled.
  • Place the apple that you just cut right on the fold, and slide it over about to the left about 1/8" to 1/4" extending over the fold.
  • Trace around the apple shape.
  • Using good scissors, cut BOTH SIDES of the card at once, following the apple shape that you just traced.
  • Cut the parts of the apple as shown in your Cricut handbook and adhere the layers to the card base.

I hope you have enjoyed this project ... It was lots of fun to make!  Check out the other designers projects at The Kraft Journal's blog.  Blessings,


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning work Becky, you are such an inspiration for us at The Kraft Journal!

Tracy said...

Wonderful project Becky! I love the idea of altering the little book as the gift and the bag is cute as can bee. Hugs!