Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

8/28/2012

Simple Stories 'Summer Fresh' Leftovers Projects

Hi there!  If you have been reading my blog for very long, you will know by now that one of my favorite collections to come along in a while is the 'Summer Fresh' collection by Simple Stories.  The colors are so me, and the 'country' feel is just perfect!  From this one line I have made one mini album, a wall hanging, a happy 'challenge winning' card, and a  'back to school' gift bag.  But I am still using up my leftovers from this fun collection, and have two more projects to share with you today.

First up is the pocket card that I made for my Mama's birthday ...



I have been seeing a lot of pocket cards around lately ... especially by one of my top card making 'heroes', Cherry Nelson, and have wanted to make one and this was the perfect chance to give it a try.  I used a manila file folder to make the pocket (cut to size, stitched the edges together), then decorated 3 tags with coordinating papers for the inside.  Here are more close up pictures ...



















I think it turned out beautifully, and Mama really loved it! 

And here is a very different card ... I simply used a kraft card stock base for the card, washi tape from Queen & Company, hexagons cut from coordinating papers, and a sentiment cut from the paper as well.  An easy peasy card ... except for hand cutting all the hexagons!




A very cheery and fun card with an important message ... as my husband would say "If you are vertical and moving and making an effort ... it's all good".

So tell me, how do you like these 'Summer Fresh' projects?  What is your current, or all time favorite paper collection?  I would love to hear from you!  And if you aren't already a follower, I would really appreciate seeing your picture up there on my list of followers!  Blessings,


3 comments:

Lois' Laughlines said...

These are the most adorable cards I have ever seen. You are so talented.
blessings to you.

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Love your projects, Becky!!! That Simple Stories line is one of my faves, too. Just wanted to let you know that you won the Bazzill giveaway on my blog. congrats! Email me your address at fnaomalley@comcast.net and I'll get it out to you.

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Great projects!!! Wanted to let you know that you won the Bazzill giveaway on my Blog. Email me your address at fnaomalley@comcast.net. ;)