Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

2/03/2010

Bo Bunny Card Challenges - Two Challenges, Two Days, One Card

Okay, before I tell you about this card, can I just tell you how much I L*O*V*E Bo Bunny's products???  And one of my current favorites is the Alissa line.  I mean, why wouldn't you love lots of one of my favorite color combinations - pinks, black and white!!!  Oh, they threw in some other colors like green and turquoise and such, but in my mind they take back seat to the pink, black and white combinations.  And the fact they are two sided makes them even more fun! 

I also love that BB is beginning to place more emphasis on cardmaking, and are even setting aside the first and third Tuesdays of each month for card challenges.  Just in the last week they have had two challenges just for cards, and I chose to combine both challenges into one card

So, for this card I (of course) used the Alissa papers, but I'd been wanting to use the back side of Alissa Kissable, which is all black, gray and white, for a while, and this was the day!    Here they are . . .

The challenge for Friday was to make a 'card with heart', or having hearts on the card.

The challenge for Tuesday was to make a card from this sketch . . .


Here is my card made using both challenges . . .





And here is the info . . .

Base cardstock is Die Cuts With A View (DCWV)

Black cardstock is Bazzill 'corduroy'

Bo Bunny Patterned papers:
  • Black and white is back side of Alissa Kissable
  • Pink hearts are using both sides of Alissa Love You
Bling is from Basic Grey 'Bling It'

Ribbon is from my stash - maybe Walmart, but not sure, I've had it for a while

Corners rounded using EK Success 'medium' corner rounding punch

Stickles 'diamond' used to highlight parts of the patterned paper.


Cricut Info:

  • Base of card cut on 'card 2' set @ 5 inches on Walk in My Garden Cartridge
  • Black cardstock cut on 'card 1' set @ 4 1/2 inches on Walk in My Garden Cartridge
  • Black and white patterned paper cut on 'card 1' set @ 4 1/4 inches on Walk in My Garden Cartridge
  • Hearts cut using Plantin SchoolBook cartridge, set at 1 1/2", 1 3/4", 2", 2 1/4" and 2 1/2" - I used the back side for the bottom, middle and top hearts, and the front side for the 2nd and 4th hearts
Extra info:  For the hearts, I scored down the center of each and folded it in half, then glued them together in a 'stack, matching the center fold of each heart.

I love this card, partly because of it's simplicity, but also because of the different 'layers' the different products (like bling, Stickles and ribbon) gave it.  I hope you like it, too!

See you soon!  Becky

1 comment:

Beth Leintz said...

Cute cute- I love black and pink together