I also love that BB is beginning to place more emphasis on cardmaking, and are even setting aside the first and third Tuesdays of each month for card challenges. Just in the last week they have had two challenges just for cards, and I chose to combine both challenges into one card
So, for this card I (of course) used the Alissa papers, but I'd been wanting to use the back side of Alissa Kissable, which is all black, gray and white, for a while, and this was the day! Here they are . . .
The challenge for Friday was to make a 'card with heart', or having hearts on the card.
The challenge for Tuesday was to make a card from this sketch . . .
Here is my card made using both challenges . . .
And here is the info . . .
Base cardstock is Die Cuts With A View (DCWV)
Black cardstock is Bazzill 'corduroy'
Bo Bunny Patterned papers:
- Black and white is back side of Alissa Kissable
- Pink hearts are using both sides of Alissa Love You
Ribbon is from my stash - maybe Walmart, but not sure, I've had it for a while
Corners rounded using EK Success 'medium' corner rounding punch
Stickles 'diamond' used to highlight parts of the patterned paper.
- Base of card cut on 'card 2' set @ 5 inches on Walk in My Garden Cartridge
- Black cardstock cut on 'card 1' set @ 4 1/2 inches on Walk in My Garden Cartridge
- Black and white patterned paper cut on 'card 1' set @ 4 1/4 inches on Walk in My Garden Cartridge
- Hearts cut using Plantin SchoolBook cartridge, set at 1 1/2", 1 3/4", 2", 2 1/4" and 2 1/2" - I used the back side for the bottom, middle and top hearts, and the front side for the 2nd and 4th hearts
I love this card, partly because of it's simplicity, but also because of the different 'layers' the different products (like bling, Stickles and ribbon) gave it. I hope you like it, too!
See you soon! Becky