I tend to get a little bit crazy and forget that the sketch is just a guide, and not a blueprint that has to be followed to the letter! And that top little bit kind of threw me for a loop until I realized my card didn't have to look exactly like the sketch. Here is my take on the sketch . . .
It is a tag for an Easter tag swap I'm doing, and I truly love how it came out! Here's all the info . . .
- Some cardstock is from The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby) Bright Textured Cardstock Stack
- Patterned paper and other cardstock is from Die Cuts With a View 'Prints For The Year' Ultimate Stack (2010)
- Hydrangea blossoms are from Prima
- Gems are from Prima e Line
- Stickles 'Stardust' and 'Green'
- Crepe paper is from Hobby Lobby
- Ric-Rack and ribbon are from my stash
- Bunny with tulip image is from a vintage greeting card image I found on flickr
Tips, Tools and Techniques:
- Scalloped tag was cut using A Child's Year cartridge, Easter1-s using tag feature set at 6 1/4 inches. I made three layers - one of the yellow cardstock, one of a white plain cardstock, and another of a coordinating blue cardstock for the back side. The one for the back side was cut with the paper face down on the cutting mat so it would be facing out on the back and the tag 'hole' would be spaced right.
- Patterned paper on base was cut same as above except set at 5 3/4 inches - one copy only of this one.
- The floral paper and cardstock matting was cut with my rotary trimmer.
- The bunny image was printed twice on my ink jet printer, and trimmed. Then I used foam dots to bump the top image up for dimension. I also decorated it with Stickles.
- The crepe paper ruffle was made by sewing on my sewing machine using a long basting stitch, then pulling the threads to create the ruffle. The ric-rack was then glued tothe top of the stitches.
- The three flowers were touched up with a bit of Stickles as well.
And that is my tag! I hope you like it, and I really hope my partner in the swap likes it as well! It will be going out in the mail to her next week, along with a few other goodies!
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget about our celebration next week - it's going to be fun! Blessings friends, and Be Joyful Always! Becky