As for my style, it would definitely be vintage, with a goodly portion of shabby, and usually a touch of whimsy! I love searching out vintage images and using them on my card. I love the brighter colors of the 'retro' era, around the 1940's and 50's, but I love pastels and tend to use them a lot, too. I am not much of a stamper. I am working on that, but it's just not in the budget to spend a lot on stamps, etc., and that is how I got my start with vintage images! There are so many out there, and I rarely use one more than a couple of times. Here is my card for this week's challenge; I hope that it gives you an idea of my style . . .
Here are the details . . .
- Base card stock (kraft) - The Paper Store (JoAnn)
- Patterned paper (includes red polka dots and yellow circle on sentiment) - Webster's Pages, Spring Market 'sweet jam'
- Die cut cardstock - Core'dinations 'Whitewash Collection' Jenni Bowlin
- Image - from collage sheet purchased from Phenomenon 1859 Etsy Shop
- Seam Binding - Bluebird Lane Etsy Shop
- Sentiment - SRM Stickers #51006 Thinking of You
- Ink - Anna Griffin
- Vintage buttons and ric-rack from my stash
- Glue - Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue
- Foam Dots - Recollections (Michaels)
- Cricut Expression with Walk In My Garden and Elegant Edges cartridges
- Computer and ink jet printer
- Scissors, Ruler, craft knife and rotary trimmer
- Card base cut using Walk In My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5"
- Red paper cut using WIMG cartridge, card1 set at 5"
- Core'dinations paper cut using Elegant Edges cartridge, 'Stamp-S' using Oblong feature set at 4 1/2"
- Yellow circle for sentiment cut using E. Edges cartridge, 'Crcle2-s' set at 1 1/4"
- Core'dinations cardstock sanded with emery board and inked with mustard colored ink for distressing
- Image printed on ink jet printer using Picasa 3 software (free) and trimmed with scissors, bumped up with foam dots for dimension
And there you have it! I really love this card, and believe it shows my favorite style. I can do other styles when the need arises, but this is the style that I love and enjoy doing most.
To OCC: I would love being on your Design Team. Feel free to cruise through my blog and check out my other projects. Thank you for considering me!
Thanks y'all, and hope you have a blessed and happy and SAFE July 4th weekend!!! Becky